Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quick Gospel

Acts 1:8a
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem 


Thoughts:
To witness to someone means to speak to them of Jesus and his love, and what they can gain by that understanding.  To be a witness though to say an accident, or a spectacle.  So then to witness to someone means that they should get to see something as evidence of Jesus' love.  Look around you, there is proof of that everywhere you look.  You might disagree with me on that though, you might say but what about all the harshness of the world, the wars, the violence, the corruption, the materialism.  I say to you, they are of this world, not of Jesus.  we are called to not be or fall for things of this world...I direct you to look at the love of a mother and father to their newborn, or the love of a couple celebrating 25, 50 or 75 years of wedded bliss.  Look at the moon shining at night or the sun rising in the morn.  Those are the places we are called to find Love.  these are the things we are to be using in our daily witness to others and ourselves for a solid foundation in who we are with God.  Open your eyes...what will you see today and what will you show others?

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,  give me your eyes to see the world the way you do.  In it there is love.  Give me your hands to show others that love.  Give me your feet, to carry me all over to bring glory to you in all I do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment