Friday, August 26, 2011

Finally Friday

It has been a week of emotions around my house this week.  My oldest son Andrew, decided on his own to talk with the coach about stepping back down to the JV team.  I wont lie some disappointment on MY behalf.  As I talked with him about it, he was more scared that I would be mad and not at all worried about his team or coaches...  Anyway, I told him that I was proud of him for taking care of the situation, on his own.  Not feeling like he needed to depend on mom or dad to do it for him.  Big step for my 5th grader.  maybe the lesson that needed to be learned was by me NOT him.  Hmm!  Always thinking inside the box my wife tells me that a lot.  Then we go to my youngest, Ethan, whom I thought was doing fine with going into 1st grade.  We had his back to school night this week and right before we left for it he broke down because he was so scared to be going back to school and 1st grade.  We talked about how cool it will be to go to first grade and he was going to get to see his friends again (you know the stuff that works!!).  we pulled up to the school and he broke down again, for only a brief period of time.  Then he saw his old classmates form last year and the teachers that he knew.  From that point on all was good.  So we go to my wife now...New PTA president, will be childless during the day after the 2nd week of September and is worried how things will be with that.  Well, she did just wonderful with welcoming the new school back as she spoke in front of 600 students and parents this past week ( even with some constructive criticism, luv you honey!!).  God took care of that for her, he will see to it that all else will be fine.  Chaos throughout my house has left me to ponder now next week it is my turn to return to school!!!  But...what if no one likes me? what if I don't know anyone?...(LOL!) All of these childish thoughts, just to keep us away from the one that plans it for us.  Thank you God for a wonderful week full of emotions and growing up for all in my house.
I hope you all have a truly wonderful and blessed weekend.  Be Safe to all in the storms path...


No comments:

Post a Comment