Monday, December 12, 2011

Quick Gospel

Matthew 25:35-36

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Thought:
Keep this scripture in your mind as you give this season.  The cans of soup to the monetary donations.  Whichever it is you are helping someone that needs it this season.  Not for one second do not think that yours is too small to give, it all matters.  The more it means to you the more it means to God, and we would not let Him go hungry, or cold, or be lost in the world.  Treat each of your giving moments in this manner and they will mean more to you for your closeness that it brings you to God.

Prayer:
Gracious God, keep it about you this season, not about how big we can make ourselves!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment