Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yikes!!

Seriously, It can not be the end of October already!!  What in the world is going on with time these days?  It seems that there is less and less of it to go around.  Well, it is indeed time to realize the busy time of year is upon us.  Have no fear though, Luke 12:29 tells us to not be anxious for things.  This is a brand new concept for me this year.  Normally by now I have 75% of my Santa shopping done.  Not this year I am at about 25%.  Not because I don't want to, because I can't.  What do I mean?  Well I want to for sure, but something has gotten my attention more this year then ever before.  Serving.  All the Sunday School lesson, and youth group meetings seem to all come back to this concept for me and the groups this year.  It has me "rethinking Christmas".  Now I know it is always better to give then to receive.  Yet, this year it seems to really be sinking in!  So, I guess I am trying to indicate with this writing is to not get caught up in the anxiety of the things you want .  Instead share with someone the things they need. 

Have a blessed day!

Craig

1 comment:

  1. At least you are 25% done I haven't even given it much thought yet. I am trying to convince the boys that, Baby Jesus only received three gifts, so why should they expect more than three. Of course the problem is, I enjoy shopping for them and everybody else at Christmas. Here is what I am trying, I asked them to give me a list with three items on it that they want and I will fill in the rest for them(my choice).
    God Bless you
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete