Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What stays, what goes?

So it is just a few short days to Christmas... Already!  Then just few more days from that is a new year to begin.  I always tend to start thinking about how I am going to approach the new year.  In order for me to do that though, I need to recap the last year.   How do I begin to do that?  What promises did I make and not keep?  What time did I waste that I won't get back?  When did I leave God out and when did I let God in?  It is indeed time to clean up again for the year and do some housecleaning.  Not talking about the kitchen and bathroom here, either.  Nope, I am talking about the mind and the heart. 

I know as I head into the new year, I need to give more time to God, more time to family, friends and church ministry.  The devil got the better part of my last year, and looking back I can see the holes that I left for Satan to slip in.  So I need to mend those holes this year, and fight harder to keep them closed.  Holes like, ill will that enters my mind, flows to my heart than spews from my mouth.  I need filters to be changed, and replaced for sure.  It has indeed been a hard year.  This past month preparing for Christmas and Advent have been a great treat for me.  Getting to help those that need help and share with many the true blessings that we have at Christmas.  Heck, just sharing with folks the true meaning of Christ-mass. 

Many folks share their thoughts about how the world is taking Christ out of Christmas.  I for one disagree, Christ has never been a bigger part of Christmas...for me.  Maybe, if we are worried about Christ leaving Christmas it is not society taking him out of it.  Maybe it's the person thinking it!  Here is a new year approaching and a great opportunity to start anew with sharing God and Christ with the world, and therefore keeping Christmas going all year long.  Keeping Christ in your Christmas!



Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment