Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quick Gospel

Matthew 16:15-16,18
15 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Thought:
So the old format is back, and I hope that you enjoyed the journey through the book of proverbs.  Many are glad this format is back, but to those that, like me, picked out verses that affected my life good luck with your walk on that journey and may God be with you as well. As that being my third time through the book of proverbs as a study, I again found many more verses to understand.  Yet, during that time I grew a lot spiritually and the devil did not like that none too much.  He attacked me, my friends, my employer, my family. I can not think of anyone that was not attacked that was around me.  So in my walk through proverbs I got to live a small section of the book of Job as well.  Through faith though I am looking back over the situations and noticing that for this portion of my walk there is only one set of footprints in the sand.  As we go about doing what God has called us to do, and we really do what he tells us to do, the devil will attack.  Satan will be relentless on us, because he knows that if we finish the goal that God has set for us, then Satan will loose standing ground in his fight to win us over for his army.  So then, why today's scripture?  We all need to be a Peter in our lives.  When we go through rough and hard times, circumstances will arise when we are asked who do you say that I am ( who will help you through this situation)?  As Peter answers, Christ, the son of the Living God, that's who!  And upon that moment your personal church will grow to be more founded on Christ and each new brick will be laid as we continue to go through tough times.  because Christ our living God has already gone through them before us, and defeated Satan.
Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, as with all times that bring us down in our faith walk.  We rely on you to carry us through them.  May we bring you the honor and glory with each step that we take in building a foundation on you, as we build our own church in our lives.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment