Monday, January 31, 2011

Quick Gospel

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
Thought:
Today's devotional is inspired by an article that was sent to me and thought it over to present it to my readers today.  Oddly, and ironically enough it comes form the same book of scriptures that I just finished with Proverbs.  But how often I find myself relying on my own worldly understanding of trust.  I trust that the lights will come on when I flip the switch.  I trust that my car will start when I turn the key.  I trust that the heat will come on when I turn on the furnace.  Simple things that I commonly trust in.  Yet, when I really think about my trust in the Lord it almost seems selfish to me.  I find it hard to trust that each step I take into doing what the Lord wants me to do to be so difficult.  If a friend asked me to do something though I would trust that they would be there for me.  We call ourselves Christians because we go to church, believe in Jesus Christ.  But when it comes to trusting in Him that he will take care of us we second guess our thoughts.  Start today and this new week with a better understanding that if He calls us to go and do then that is what we best go and do!!
Prayer:
Dear Lord, let our ears be open to hearing you today, and our minds focused on what you call us to go and do, and put our trust in you to go and do!!  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. We trust our friends because we can see them and touch them. They are tangible. Too often, we forget God is tangible, too, because we listen with our ears instead of our hearts. When I quit running the TV and the radfio all day long and learned to be comfortable in silence, God came a whole lot closer and serving as the heart and hands of Jesus became a whole lot easier.

    Church Lady sent me!

    ReplyDelete