Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quick Gospel

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Thought:
Anxiety and excitement are playing a major part of my days as my start date for seminary draw near. Is this common before going back to school? It is new to me, so at times I draw my attention on that fact and not staying focused on the reason I am attending seminary. Keeping my prayers focused on just that thought, who it is that has given me the ability to go through with His plans. Same applies to all of us as we draw closer to a certain day, be it a test at school or a specific assignment at school or work. We need to stay focused on the one that gives us the ability to do anything at all. I read somewhere that anxiety equals sin because we are not putting our trust in God when we allow ourselves to become anxious over something. Present your anxieties to god and let Him deal with them.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, keep us from our growing worries of what may be to come. Keep us focused on our faith that you will take care of each of us as you do the flowers and birds. Amen.

Have a great and blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Craig...just shouting out hello and telling you I enjoy your blog. I will be back to visit. Keep the Faith! Janis (Kelly's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Craig! Church Lady sent me over here. And good luck with your other new ventures.

    ReplyDelete