Friday, July 15, 2011

Shared Thoughts!

So I just watched the movie "Letters to God".  After watching it I ponder for myself and for you the readers.  What exactly would your letter to God read like?  Would it read a lot like mine when I ask for fforgiveness for all the foolish things I have done and will forever do.  How about the apologies for all the backsliding I do on a moment by moment basis when I fall away from God.  Would yours include like mine a prayer to watch over my children, wife, mother (in-law), father (in law), brother (in laws), sister (in laws), nieces, cousins, aunts, uncles, my church family, coworkers, employers, business.   Would it harbor some guilt for feelings of past loved ones hurts, and guilty conscience to spend one more day with them.  How about plans for success and greed ( I do think it is OK to pray for success to be blessed financially for the glory of God, just do not let it rule your life!).  Sometimes a real good head check with yourself after a movie like this puts life into a better perspective to just realize that life is precious and time does matter. Maybe not how much you spend at different points in life, but just the fact that you make memories in the moments you are blessed with.  I think it is OK to write to God in your daily thoughts, letting him know of your pains, frustrations, wants, and desires.  Lets not forget that he is already aware of them anyway, so all he ask of us to do is voice them to him so he knows that they come from our hearts.  Today as you go about your daily walk in life, take time to write your letter to God asking him for the matters of your heart.  When he hears them come form you he will know their sincerity, once they are off your chest too, you will be free as well.
Hope all of you have a great and wonderful weekend.  May you be truly blessed in your walk with Jesus this weekend!
God Bless 

No comments:

Post a Comment