Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Gospel

Exodus 14:21
Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea and God, with a terrific east wind all night long, made the sea go back. He made the sea dry ground. The seawaters split.

Thought:
Vacation bible school this week has the kids going to the Old Testament and learning about the acts of God through Moses.  It truly astounds me beyond belief how in the oddest moves Moses puts his trust in God.  Literally putting his actions into holding up a stick that is blessed by God to control the ocean.  In today's terms we would view that in the world as probably, o.. I don't know shall we say..."fruitcake".  A little off the wall...kind of yeah!  You see though that is the amazement of God though.  pay attention in your day today, He will have you doing, saying, and thinking all kinds of things that to the world view are odd.  Yet when we follow through they make sense, because God's hand is over it.  When that happens, you can not hold back from Him moving in your life.  Seriously, pay attention today to your thoughts, and your actions.   You'll see it, trust me.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, in all that you move in my life, my hands and feet are the most important.  They take me where you need me and do what you need me to do.  Not all the time does it make sense, but as Moses trusted you in his staff.  I trust you in your calling over my life.  With your wisdom, courage, and strength to guide me all the way.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment