Friday, June 3, 2011

Shared Thoughts!

So, in the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get closer to God.  But a void just continues to thrive in me.  Do not get me wrong I have great moments with God, yet they seem to come and go as with the next breath.  Feeling close though is a hard task to attain.  I have forced myself to sit quietly and listen, I have listened in conversations,and even in music.  I feel his presence with me, just do not feel him close to me.  How does one go about getting that back?  In the past 2 weeks I have had an extremely busy schedule too!  maybe that is the comparison.  Recently I wrote about how no matter how busy our schedules get filled we need to find that moment to be with God.  Maybe, I have been with God but have not given myself completely to Him during that time.  Hmm!  So today I will do my best to listen, an act on what He tells me to do and more importantly what He tells me to say!  In that maybe that closeness that I miss will return.  In seems that in the busyness of each task we become to comfortable pushing God back a little further till it becomes to late to see that he is not that important to us anymore.  All I pray is that does not happen with me, so here is where I call on my accountability mentors to not let that happen to me.  And that should apply to all of us in life.  We need to be accountable for noticing when God does not seem important to others around us, and bring that up to our friends and families before it is too late for them and God has left there lives too!

No comments:

Post a Comment