Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gospel

James 1:22

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Thought:
At times we have ourselves in such a routine that when we say it, it doesn't affect us.  Yet when someone else says it and we actually open our ears to hear it. Then it makes sense to us.  Recently I was questioning what I was doing wrong in my youth ministry at church that it all seems to be falling apart.  Then a friend of mine gave me the God's eye view of what was going on.   Youth were attending the meeting and I thought they were taking nothing away from each meeting.  Then it was pointed out to me that for some of them I was the only bible they were getting AT ALL in their lives. And that was making a difference because, those kids were still coming back.  I kept looking for the group to go out and reach to others about Jesus, but I forgot that they were coming to me to get the Word, to be hearers not doers.  Then once this group hears it they will learn to do it.  The mere essence of "LIVE IT OUT".

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, in the rush of life we tend to miss the obvious.  Thanks for your angels that you put into our lives to speak to us through your very own Words.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment