Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday

So along with a new year underway, in my time with God that I have been forcing myself to allow each day.  I have discovered a thought that I really feel has come form God for me to do and challenge others to do as well.  "Engage yourself", what is this about.  Well it kind of goes back to this past weekends sermons by my Pastor at church.  If you are going to have a resolution for the new year it should be something that changes you for the good in affecting other people!!  In today's electronic world it make sit sooo easy to converse with others.  So why not challenge yourself to do just that.  Engage in conversation with someone that you would not normally do.  The challenge I have laid on myself s to do this with one person each week.  A relationship may not be born in this, but getting out of my comfort box will be accomplished for sure.  In making myself accountable for this, I will meet others that who knows, might become someone I can mentor, or even, heck someone that might end up mentoring me.  The conversation do not even have to be specifically about God or your religion, just open up to someone and share with them your thoughts or commonalities in that is where the guard will be let down by you and them.  Getting the comfort zone to move a bit, and next thing you know its old habit for you to do this with more people.  One never knows exactly what will become of a simple conversation, but nothing will happen if you do not engage in that conversation.  May the love of God be with you in this challenge, because this just might be a big challenge for some, but He will see you through it if he brings you to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment