Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Thoughts!

Based on Proverbs 22:7

What can I say I, like my wife, love coupons...this is a good and thrifty thing...bad thing though is that most of today's store coupons in order to redeem them you need to use the store credit card.  All that know me, know I like a good bargain, and I am an impulse buyer too!  Just because it is on sale, and you may never see it again in the store especially at that price, why not purchase it...right?
Well last evening on my way home I  stopped  by the local retail store to pay the credit card bill off, because when I singed up to get the card I would be able to save yet another 10% -you mean to tell me if I put one more credit card in my wallet I can save even more today- what a concept, and I bought it hook, line, and sinker.  (The wound is still healing) When the new card showed up, guess what came with it-yep a coupon.  Last evening after I paid off the credit card I was determined to use that coupon too!  My hands were full, I had the latest  fashion hanging in my arms, heck I even had Christmas shopping started.  I just could not pass these deals up and with that coupon it sweetened the pot.  My flesh was burning though, I wanted this stuff badly!  That is when my new years resolution came back as a hard reminder.  I vowed to not use any credit cards this year without having the cash to pay them off once I charged them.  I had, had enough of purchasing things that I did not have the funds to cover the cost of.  I did not need these items, they were simple materials.  If we constantly spend what we don't have, how will we ever pay off what we borrowed to begin with?  Don't borrow against a lender, for they will want payed back.  So if you did not have it to spend, stop spending what you do not have.
God does not want us so caught up with these materials that we are constantly worrying about getting and paying for them.  As long as we owe creditors they will own you.  If you are owned by someone else how will you submit yourself to God? So as hard as your flesh hurts by giving these things up, and believe me it will burn for the material world, we have to give it to God and let him provide for us.
Have a great and blessed weekend!
Craig

1 comment: