Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Thoughts!

So here it is Friday, yet again.  Happy Friday to all!  As in this lenten season many have given up things to grow closer to God, at least that is the thought premesis behind Lent.  I have given up lunch for lent in preperation for the 30 hour famine I am doing with my youth group in two weeks.  Giving something up is suppossed to be hard rght?  Well I will tell you it is indeed difficult.  I know. I know I still get to eat breakfast and dinner, but it is hard to get by the day without eating any lunch.  So what have I learned so far in this process?  Oddly enough I learned that it is not as easy to give than it is to receive in this case.  I gave up lunch, and in that time that I am hungry I have been communicating more with God than I ever have before.  I have felt the presence of the spirit on my like I have never felt before.  I have felt drawn to do more than just sit and concoct!  So for me it has been easier to receive than it has been for me to give.  All I gave was a simple task of eating, and in replace of that I received God truly as a part of my daily life, and what a blessing that has poured into my life.  With the ability to see and hear more clearly where God intends for me to go this season of Lent has allowed me to grow into a mature christian that God had intended for me to be.  The vision that I feel that he has called me into is wide open.  And in this process of communicating with God instead of eating has allowed me to see those visions as well.  I hope that all of you have had as great of a lesson and lenten experience as what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment