Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quick Gospel

Ephesians 5:25-27
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Thought:
I am probably opening a can that I may not want to open, but in this fire of emotion that is rolling through me this morning He assures me this is where He wants me to go.   In the past week I have been bombarded with prayer request and advice to friends about husbands.  What are husbands, and fathers coming to in these days of age where they deem it OK to correspond with family by their actions on facebook, and texting?  Men if we do not cherish the grounds of our wives, what kind of relationship will we have with God almighty?  When we do and say things that put our wives down we are lacking in our call to love them as Christ loves the Church.  Where are we at when men look at fashion models, and question why our wives think that we do not look at them the same way.  It has been a hard week for me on a personal level, but let me say that on a spiritual level God has taken me to a whole new place in my understanding of His word with these battles.

Prayer:
Still Speaking God give us the wisdom to know how to read your Word and Live it!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment