Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sharing some thoughts today!

Not writting any devotional today, because I just want to bounce some ideas and thoughts off of my readers.  I attended a youth workers conference this past weekend and it really has me thinking about a few things that have been on my mind in a more clear message.  I want to do some research in my community to discover what is needed to reach more youth.  Don't get me wrong I love the youth that come to youth group and church, but I am feeling the call to expand my reach to those that are not getting any mentoring in life.  If I continue to work with the youth that willingly come to youth group and church that is great I am helping them grow and expand in their walk of faith.  Yet, I am not fulfilling my call to reach those that are lost.  Let's face it those are the ones that will not find their way to church and youth group, so I need to meet them where they are and stop expecting that they will just "show up" on their own intuition.  My challenge is for myself to get out of the mentality that we need to bring more people to my specifc church, but to go out and be the church!  We have to stop sitting around in our church meetings and discussing how we can get our churches to bring in more money to pay for our events, activities, and plans.  We should not be concerned with how much money we can bring into a church bldg. instead we should be reaching out to our community that needs programs and support.  Getting out and being THAT church will inturn probably fill the pews on Sunday morning, why?  Because when the church stops being the entertainment for God and starts being the church on GODS Word then God will fill the pews.  So, anyway what I am looking for is help to get some demographics of my community to see where the economic, employment, school, etc. levels are at in the Hanover and surrounding areas.  To those outside of that  region I ask you to give me your thoughts of things that you see in your communities, how they are working, any contacts to make for me.  This will be a large and arduous endeavor for me, but I really do feel like it is time to begin meeting folks where they need to be met and stop wondering why to our surprise that nothing seems to be getting better.
Thanks for your comments, concerns, questions and help with all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment