Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quick Gospel

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Thought:
The next several weeks the students in PA are undergoing PSSA's ( state assesment testing).  Gruling for all ages that these test apply to.  In todays text it states that we should test ourselves in our faith.  In order for me to do that I usually need something to push me against my beliefs.  When my back is against the wall so to speak, is when I test my faith the best.  Preparing for the PSSA's is something that the students really can not study for at one given time they are required to learn this stuff as they go through there school year.  The same is kind of required to test ourselves in our faith, we just get better at it each time we go through a situation that puts our faith to the test.  So if you were to take the exam today concerning your faith, would you pass or fail?

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, above all you sustain us with all that we need.  For when life throws us a circumstance or situation we are filled with all that we need to overcome it.  It becomes our duty to reach inside of us to find it and us all the resources to pass the test.  Knowing that we will overcome is where our faith grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment