Friday, May 13, 2011

Just one man's opinion

So it is Friday...yet again.  Time for me to get on my soapbox about what is going on in our world around us.  Short and simple this week.  I read an article this morning about some athletes in a suburban Boston town that have been suspended from varies sport activities.  This comes due to someone releasing photos to the school faculty and board.  The photos were posted on the social network facebook, and they show the students in party mode holding alcohol and other illegal substances.  In the article the super intendant was interviewed about what was taking place with the students being suspended from school and and sporting events.  Some are concerned because this might ruin their child's chances of scholarships!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I would love to post some expletives here, but I hold myself to be better then that.  This is your concern!  Not the fact that your child is underage drinking and taking part in illegal actions.  Hmmm.  The super intendant goes on to say that all students at that school are to take their reponsibility with the school more serious.  When you do anything as a student of that school you are to be representing that school 24/7.  I like this guy!!  So when I tell my youth that whether they are out with the youth group or by themselves alone or with friends that you represent the church this is what I mean.  yet, let me take it one step further though.  Should we not be this way with our Christian life.  Keep it turned on 24/7.  it does not matter who might be around to see you.  God will see you even if you are alone!  This attitude of the parents of the students at this school is a big reason as far as I am concerned with why today's youth are the way they are.  Parents don not seem to get it.  As if they expect the students to accomplish what they could not while they attended school.  anyway that is for another soapbox day.  Thanks for leting get up on mine today and venting.  Hoping all of you have a great and blessed weekend!

1 comment: