Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quick Gospel

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts

Thoughts:
All to often we think our thoughts are our own, but let us not lean on our own understanding!  We operate differently in the world as what we will do in our days of eternity.  Our understanding only goes so high, His understanding will take you higher.  What are we doing trying to make ourselves understand our own thoughts.  I am thinking this may require deeper discusions and learning on my part.  Is it only me that feels this way?  That I am trying to do the thinking for God, and not let Him do it for me.  Kind of like the "Jesus take the wheel" mentality from Carrie Underwood.  If we are always in the driver seat, then we never let anyone else do the driving, here is where we need to let go.  

Prayer:
Gracious Lord, thank you for the humility of allowing me to let go of my own understanding.  It is all by you, and for you that we each should live.  Amen.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment