Monday, May 23, 2011

Quick Gospel

Hebrews 11:1
1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Thought:
So I am testing myself this week.  Each day I am challenging myself in a different area to start getting out of the box that my wife says I have built around me to protect me.  So my challenge today was to put faith into action.  I have been thinking about different things in my life, my wants, needs and desires so to speak.  But I am probably the first one that will box up my faith and put it someplace so noone can find it.  Why do I do that, so I can have control of life and not someone else.  Yeah, that's a pretty big first step out of my box, thanks honey for bringing this one up!!LOL!!  Well either way it is an area that I need to work on to move into the profession that I feel called to do, so this time form the bottom of my heart. Thank you Joie for giving me that push.  Kind of that shut up and drive mentality that I love sooo much about my wife.  By her faith she had in me coming around to my senses coming up on 11 years ago.  She has never lost that faith in me, from day 1.  Faith in the fact that what we are doing is right and good for each other and the kids and all of the youth that I work and will work with.  To faith in the fact that I will be able to provide for her and the boys and still have enough to reach those less unfortunate.  To the faith in the fact that if God told me to build an ark, she would stand right beside me swinging the hammer.  That's faith in action.  When I look back over life it has always been that way with her.  People always ask did we know it would be like this.  My answer is always like what?  They say did you always no from the beginning it was love,  I think my new response will be no I did not know it was love it was faith that brought us together, and has kept us together.  Faith that God will provide what we need Him to, to be the couple that we are.  From paying the bills, to putting food on our plates, to the means to go back to school and struggle through daily schedule conflicts.  It all gets provided for us.  By the faith that we share in God.  Now, not just for the rest of the day or week should I walk in that faith, but from this day forward.  In comparison, is not God also right beside you all the time?  Is he not the one that put faith into Moses, Noah, David, Mary, Martha, Lazarus.  Can you not feel Him too? 

Prayer:
Dear Lord, faith can indeed move mountains.  I have seen it in myself, and others.  Praise you for walking the distance with us and helping us when we need it.  We lack faith in many things, no doubt about it.  But you Lord always provide something to put it back into our lives.  Thank you for that blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment