Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Quick Gospel

James 1:1
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ

Thought:
I love the book of James in the bible, I just think it relates a lot to me and my life and the journey that I am on.  Do you have one?  What is yours?  Should you have one?  I do indeed believe so, because when we need assurance we typically turn to something familiar and comfortable.  If that place is not scripture, where is it then?  You should be accountable to have a place to turn to when needed.  People are OK, but returning to God when your uncertain is the best place to go.  Recently, with me I have found that I was cursing myself with my comparrison to Job in the bible.  Little did I know that when I recently went to the book of James that I was cursing myself by that comparrison.  But in returning to my comfort zone for security I realized this mistake of mine.  So to me this is why you need scripture to be your place to go when life turns upside down for you.  Even in many cases you may not realize the curses that are coming out of your mouth until another scripture indicates that to you.  

Prayer:
Lord, many times we come to you with concerns about our life, yet keep us focused on God's Word and allow us to clearly understand them as we go through life.  Allow us to turn to God's Words when all the earthly attempts fail us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment