Friday, May 6, 2011

Shared Thoughts

So another week closes out and for me a very personally stressing week.  I look over my daily planner almost hourly to be reminded of what is next on my agenda.  Being lots of things is very difficult.  As I put more wear and tare on my body I think to myself often how my time goes by so fast.  I recently listened to a series from Family Life called "Step Up".  Let me tell you to anyone, but especially, to men and young guys.  We have big shoes to fill, and most men are walking around barefoot all the time.  Do we realize that today's society calls us to be so busy that for most of us we forget how to be what God calls us to be.  The leaders, of the house, the family, the finances, the relationship, the marriage, etc.  For one to be a leader it is hard work.  Being this kind of leader will lead to great rewards.  Leading the lost, hurt, lonely for me this is what fills my daily planner.  For many, most are probably filled with personal agendas.  Where will they lead those that follow you?  I am by no means putting me on any pedestal, I am surrounded by other men that have a very similar life.  Thank you to Pastor Scott, Dad, Tom, Cory, Mark, and many others for being that mentor to me and brothers in Christ.   It is what we fill our days with the things that we do to reach others.  Our youth generation need leaders to lead them into the right direction for the rest of their lives.  Will we be able to answer that call as a mentoring generation?  There is so much more to discuss about the way the world is setting up the next generation with no mentors, and leaders.  It is almost like that coming generation will be like the old Amiga game "Lehmings" (dating myself I know).  Anyway the gist of the game was to prevent the lehmings form aimlessly wondering around going nowhere.  Your job was to set them in the right direction for them to survive.  again I ask will you take that daunting task and fill your daily planners to reach anyone that is lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment